Laquer based sealer in pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Today I brushed a laquer based sealer over my patio flagstones.....Somehow a small amount got into my 18' x 8' (2' deep) pond. There are oily areas floating on top of the water in about 2 x 2 ft. area. I tried to remove some of it by using straw and also hay bales. But there is still visible sealer noted. Does anyone know how to best remove this? I have 4 fish that are now my pets-- so I am very worried they will be harmed by this. I also have a goose and a duck both who love swimming in the pond in the morning.....
If you have any ideas could you please email me ASAP at: (e-mail address removed)
Thanks,
K

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Sheets of newspaper laid over the film. Also may try gently scooping the pollutant up with a pail. Those more experienced than I should advice you about a water change. Should consider removing your fish to auxiliary containers that has properly decholorinated water.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have read sheets of newspaper works the best, soaks it right up. Skimming works ok too.

Ask a Question