For Sale LARGE Pair of Vortex (settling chamber) Filters.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Black 1.jpg
Black 1.jpg
I have available 2 different sized pairs of Vortex Filters, aka (settling chambers) for sale. One is very large and the other one is much smaller.

In this post, I will show you the larger set. The smaller set is in a different post.

As you can see in the attached photos, these filters are sized to handle a rather large volume of water. The primary tank is fitted with the intake arm at the proper angle to provide the gentle, circular flow that creates the "vortex affect" and makes all solid materials in the water sink to the bottom of the tank for easy flushing removal. This intake arm is attached the tank body with a custom made, stainless steel collar on the inside and outside and is bolted together with all stainless steel hardware. EPDM gaskets and 100% silicon adhesive were used to seal the arm to the tank on both the inside and outside.

The second tank can easily be fitted with mats, brushes, ribbons and/or bio-balls to provide additional mechanical and biological filtration.

The intake on the primary tank is 6" and each tank has 4 "ports" for interconnecting to the other tank and/or your filter system. Each of these "ports" are 4" or 6", but as you can see, several of them have already been cut for 6" use. The second tank has also been drilled for a 6" bulkhead fitting which is included with these tanks.

The bottom drain on each tank is 3". Both tanks come with a custom made support base and cover. Each tank is 51" wide and 63" tall.

I put a lot of time and expense into this part of my project only to find that I did not have enough space in my filter room to properly install them and have been forced to redesign my filter system using a different method for solids filtration.

Vortex filters are commonly used as the first stage of solids filtration from the bottom drain(s) allowing you to remove almost EVERYTHING before moving the water through the pump(s). This process uses gravity to move water from the pond via the bottom drain(s). When the 2 tanks are plumbed together, the pump(s) draw water from the second tank thus causing the flow from the pond into the first tank.

Settling chambers work extremely well to remove most all of the solid material from the pond and vortex filters do this the best and use NO moving parts or electricity!

If you are interested, please feel free to contact me. I will be glad to talk with you, send you additional photos and a video as well as help you design these filters into your system.

I have these priced at $600 for everything: tanks, bases, lids and a brand new 6" bulkhead fitting. This is a whole lot less than I have invested but I now have no home for them and do not want to store them for some unknown future project!

I can deliver locally at no additional charge and regionally for a small fee (to be discussed with the buyer). I will be selling fish again this spring at our Louisville Koi Show and will be glad to deliver them to you there. These are large, but can be shipped. I can arrange shipping at your expense and ship them directly to you.

If you need a smaller vortex settling chamber system, look for my other post for the smaller set I have available.

Attachments

• Black 2.jpg
    Black 2.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 493
  • Black 3.jpg
    Black 3.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 385
  • Black 4.jpg
    Black 4.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 405
  • Black 5.jpg
    Black 5.jpg