laser levels

Reaction score
I've been playing with various laser levels in order to try and level out my walls. I've reviewed any number of sites and the craftsman $89 model is highly touted. Baloney. I bought one today and you can't see the line at more than a few feet except in the dark. Piece of crap. The first unit I bought was from Lowes, a $32 Kobalt compact level with a laser. Best I've tried so far. I suppose if you have the $$ you can buy into a 3 figure unit, but I don't.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
unless you go for a high end laser i find that they are not perfect.
I have one that i use to get things close..
but to get it perfect i come back with my transit- level...

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
A piece of clear tubing filled with water works perfect every time. Get a 20' from Home Depot and go for it. You will find that tubing usefull around the pond if you have any small pumps.

Reaction score
To be fair I have to say that Craftsman self leveling laser is fine for indoors. I tried it inside and it works very nicely and you can see it well. It's just not an outside unit unless you work at dusk. On the box they say it's only good for 30 ft, but they should specify inside or very low light conditions.

Reaction score
Hey, get this. I took the laser level back to Sears. In the manual, inside the box it says "recommended use for indoors only". But that is written nowhere on the outside of the box. In any case, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone except for indoor use. For that it seems pretty functional.

Ask a Question