late season spawning

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
went out the smell of love this morning...foamy water and my large female being chased around...has anyone had their koi spawn this late in the season before? goldfish, yes... koi this is a first for me! not that i wanted this or am gonna do anything with the eggs, but ... maybe its the funky weather!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
almost 8 years for aggie and bert and never in the fall have I seen it happen but not sure because this last early spring I found very tiny tiny fish in the waterfall .But they could have been goldies but I guess they got eaten .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I say it's the funky weather. My plants are slower this year and summer just doesn't know whether it's coming or going! Maybe in December it will be 75* who knows and fish spawning?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
usually by now my elephant ears are 6 or 7 ft high and this year I'm lucky if they are 2 ft. high .I hope my fish don't spawn again .

Ask a Question