Latest pond pictures.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Well, even with the 100 temps and zero rain... I have been trying to water the plants around the pond at least enough to keep them alive, they definitely aren’t as tall as they should be, and one of my elephant ears is looking pretty sad, but here it is as of last weekend.

0630121604.jpg

0630121604c.jpg

0630121604a.jpg

0630121604b.jpg

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Yes I have one pump that just runs that "spray bar" type thing on the end, helps push all of the leaves and stuff toward the skimmer at the other end of the pond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Are the purpleish plants the Elephant ears cuz they sure are pretty! I bet the fish like playing in that spray bar. Mine like any kind of moving water whether it be a fountain, falls or bubbles.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Those are the cannas, the last picture you can see one leaf of an elephant ear, but most of them are beside me when I was taking those pictures. And the one that seems to be dying is hidden at the other end of the pond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok I think I see it hidden behind the tall stems. Looks nice and green anyways, just not real huge I guess like maybe it should be? Never had one so don't know much about them. Maybe it needs a shot of fertilizer?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Elephant ears don't like really damp soil all the time .I never fertilize mine .I do put some sand in the hole when i plant mine seems to help keep the bulb from rotting and funny thing is they like it in the pond water but in the soil the roots can't breathe as well .At least thats what I was told ,thats why i add some sand .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think you plants are doing great! I know what you mean about the 100 degree temps as we've been having them here in Nebraska too the past week...except today which cooled off into the 90's lol and watering.....oh ya!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Elephant ears don't like really damp soil all the time .I never fertilize mine .I do put some sand in the hole when i plant mine seems to help keep the bulb from rotting and funny thing is they like it in the pond water but in the soil the roots can't breathe as well .At least thats what I was told ,thats why i add some sand .
I had a massive black taro back in early 2000 -2003, in the greenhouse in a pond, think its the same as elephant ear, would not grow well outside though, they get wind blown bad and I think they do best in indirect light. Never had problem with the black taro in water in greenhouse, but it got too big for greenhouse, and because it would not do well for me outside, I got rid of it for lots of money!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
@ years ago I had to take out an elephant ear and wish I had taken a pic, it was planted next to the guest house and actually grew over the top of the roof after 4 years of being planted there .I got over

a 100 bulbs from it and the main bulb looked like a beach ball .This was before my son bought me a digital camera .These are the mini verses full size in green and black

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The were planted at the same time around 2 months ago or maybe more

Ask a Question