Layer of Film

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
javascript:poiZoom(.26333,51.13245,map,11);
P4010725a.jpg

I found this layer of Film on my Pond this morning, so I took a close up shot of it, has anyone got any idea as to what it is, it wasn't there yesterday.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
What trees or bushes do you have near by also incluse any wild flowers and plants in this it could be something natural from them.
What does it feel like and does it crush easily between your fingers .
Do you have any industarial units near you i;e a fibre glass shop?
It could be anything .
Having lived in Kent myself I'm trying to remember what fauna you etc have there, where in Kent do you live ?
I lived in Lower Upnor for three years on training ship called TS Arethusa and have spent time during my Naval Carreer in Chataham Dock yard .
The truth is it could well be anyhing .
A long shot but do you hvethe larger reeds with the brown heads near you because if you break one down its inner seed is white a little like what we are looking at,

It'll be interesting to know what you find

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Thank you for your replies.

It Vanished by the morning, so I'll never know,

doh!

I know Chatham very well Dave 54, I live at Hartley, which is just outside of Cranbrook.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Not being from that area it would be hard for me to guess, But the first thing I thought of was there are some trees that have small white balls that are fuzzy. Here the sycamore tree has them, but I have seen others. Possibly that is what it is.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I do have Sycamore tree's in the garden but they are fully leaved now, the only thing falling from the tree's are nice fat Weevils and juicy Caterpillar's which can't swim very well, so I tend to give them a little helping hand.

I thought it was hundreds of Eggs when I first took the Magnified photo, so I've been looking at Dozens of Eggs on the internet, but have come up with nothing yet.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Someone made this suggestion to me earlier in the year. This is my first pond, just being a year old. So lots of things are new to me, as well as I'm just plain NOTICING things that I never noticed before (but were probably always there).

Make a notation in your calendar [mobile, if you have it, so you can set it as an "alarm" notification] for this time of year, what you saw, what transpired, etc. Then next year, same time, see if the same thing happens. If you set your "alarm" a little ahead of the event, you can start looking for events that would pre-cede this.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I do that already TurtleMommy, usually when things arrive, like the Pond skaters showed their faces on the 17th April, the first Damselfly to emerge was the 16th May. The Great tits fledged 25th May. I did start to Record my Pond Temperature on a daily basis, that was until it snowed and the Pond froze over, I couldn't poke my way through the ice, plus it was dam cold, so gave up.

Some day we may have to Compare notes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Maybe Grass Pollen Dr. Sir John Huff, Sr. it's not a good time for Hay fever sufferers.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Tiny Termite said:
I do that already TurtleMommy, usually when things arrive, like the Pond skaters showed their faces on the 17th April, the first Damselfly to emerge was the 16th May. The Great tits fledged 25th May. I did start to Record my Pond Temperature on a daily basis, that was until it snowed and the Pond froze over, I couldn't poke my way through the ice, plus it was dam cold, so gave up.

Some day we may have to Compare notes.

Great minds.... ;)

LOL! For years I've noted the first robin sighting of the year. Commented and gave the date to a friend on FB, and she was shocked that I "actually had the date!" I should have said, "Sure, doesn't everyone?"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I could tell you what date the Snake turned up 5 years ago.

Ha ha ha, how Funny...

Ask a Question