Laying on their sides

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Meyer, inside their gills are very red and 1 lost his slime and color from his back. Is it possible that they ate some debris that landed in the pond before I got to clean it?

How much and what size debris did you find in the pond? The fish could have very easily been struck by a piece of wind-driven debris. Remember, these fish were subjected to everything that you sought protection from by remaining indoors.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
how about partial water change ? may be ur pond water has been polluted ?
adding aerator

Mom

Reaction score
Country
United States
How much and what size debris did you find in the pond? The fish could have very easily been struck by a piece of wind-driven debris. Remember, these fish were subjected to everything that you sought protection from by remaining indoors.
They are potected buy a pergola over them but there was a lot of leaves and berry type things from a tree. No large debris.It seems to be my 3 largest. And my black ones back has changed color and lost his slimeyness their gills look very red. My white one seems extra slimey and the 1st one to show signs died.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
They are potected buy a pergola over them but there was a lot of leaves and berry type things from a tree. No large debris.It seems to be my 3 largest. And my black ones back has changed color and lost his slimeyness their gills look very red. My white one seems extra slimey and the 1st one to show signs died.

Extra thick slime coat indicates stress. Gills should be red.
As stated before, these fish have been subjected to extreme stress. Time is the only cure for this. There is not really anything that you can do until power is fully restored and even then your responses may be limited.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Certainly possible that the storm carried some bad contamination... why not do a 90% water change?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Certainly possible that the storm carried some bad contamination

Unless the pond was overcome with flood water, I don't know what kind of "bad contamination" a storm would bring, even a really bad storm. Rain isn't poisonous even in a hurricane. However if it washed other stuff into the pond, that would be a concern.

I'm with @Meyer Jordan on this one - your fish have been stressed, they need some time. Hopefully they will recover.

Ask a Question