leaf cutting worm eating pond plants

Reaction score
We have already fixed this problem by basically cutting all the eaten lily pads off (around 90%) and everyday going out and scooping all of the worms we see out. But we really want to know what it is. We searched the internet but cant find any information.

Basically they cut out 2 pieces of lily pad in the shape of an oval and have one on each side of them, or make the same basic shape with duckweed. At first glance it just looks like there are lots of pieces of lily pad floating around the pond. But if you take it out of the pond or poke it a worm comes partially out. (you can also see them come out sometimes in the pond to munch on lily pad or duckweed)

we had pictures but i cant post links since im new. So I hope that made sense.

our pond went from overflowing with duckweed (had to scoop it out daily) to almost none and about 90% of our lily pads were almost completely eaten, and all this happened in a matter of days. We really want to know what they are.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
What has changed since just before this happened? That is a good place to start. If you follow my link in my signature, you can send me direct, the photos in the meantime.

Ask a Question