Leak at newly installed waterfall box (biofalls) connection

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Hi all! As previously posted, I have a 25 year old pond that had a leak somewhere. Since the liner and all hardware were old, I decided to replace and rebuild. I installed a new liner and it has been attached to the skimmer face and waterfall box face. The pvc tubing has been connected to the bulkhead at the bottom of the falls box with pvc glue, however, it is leaking! It's a constant drip. I'm sure I won't be able to disconnect this since I've used PVC glue. I can't cut the tube and reinstall because then the tubing will be too short. Any suggestions on how to fix this leak? My 10 goldfish have been in a 150 gallon stock tank now for 3 weeks with aeration but no filter, and I'm starting to get worried. Thanks in advance!

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
I would personally just glob some silicone on and call it good. Not saying this is advice, it is probably a quick fix that will only last a few years.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Is this flex pvc?

You can undo a pvc glue joint with heat. Search YouTube for lots of examples/tutorials.

You can also cut the hose behind the bulkhead, replace the bulkhead, and patch in a new piece of hose with a coupler.

You can also put a vacuum on the bulkhead and suck glue into the joint where it’s leaking.

Or you can do what @TheFishGuy suggested and just put some silicone on it and check it regularly.

Ask a Question