Leak in Aquascape Biofalls Endless Cascade Ec1218 Waterfall Pond Cascade ...

Reaction score
I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place....just registered, and I need answers fast!

I have a leak in my Aquascape Biofalls Endless Cascade Ec1218 Waterfall Pond Cascade ... in two places on the corners I have discovered what I would call "squirter" leaks...I have had to dig down to find these of course. I built this pond in 2006. 1200 gallons, straight sides, approx. 31/2 to 4 foot deep.

My question is can this be repaired with a pond liner patch kit....and by putting silicone inside the box in the corners where the leaks are. The material of the waterfall box is "rigid structural foam". I am wondering if the pond liner patch adhesive will adhere to the box?? Or what are some suggestions?

Fish are ok....but I have to keep topping off ever few days....

Would appreciate any advice...as quick as possible! LOL (while I am panicing!

Thanks for any advice. nita

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The pl black rubber roofing cement works great for sealing leaks. The other thing that would work is boat cement. Silicone (make sure it is made for underwater use) would work. I would put goop on then stick a piece of liner, patch over the goop, let it dry well.

Reaction score
Thank you....so I guess using those cements on the outside of box and it is under the liner, won't hurt my koi, right? The silicone I will use is for underwater and aquatic life safe. Again, thank you so much! Will run to home depot right now and see if they have it....and when you said goop, that was the cement right? Probably a dumb question! Thanks again!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
structural foam is HDPE just like the rubbermade stock tanks...nothing is a 100% guarenteed lasting bond...except welding. my B.I.L work swith HDPE every day. he says if you heat the material first, a good epoxy is the best chance of a lasting repair. now i have never tried this so, i'm just relaying what i've been told.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I call all that fix it stuff goop. I have used this with great success in fixing leaks, installing our skimmer etc.
d8cdacfd-0203-4ec9-9a72-58091d07ec2.jpg

We hit post at the same time kioguy, so this might not work is what you are saying? Don't want to lead him wrong.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i dont know addy....on a repair with no applied stress...ive used silicone with good results... i sealed everything on my filters with silicone, they been going for years...no problem. ive also been told eurathane caulk works very well...we can only make suggestions no guarentees!

Reaction score
Goop: that is what I thought, but double checking...thank you for the picture.

Koiguy: thank you....but, I have no idea how to heat the side of the waterfall box... Would I just hold a match to the spot for a bit until it got sort of sticky? My husband is a coach so between him and me we know nothing about welding....LOL..... but the adhereing (is that a word?) was what I was worried about.

That sounds logical to me though....

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That black stuff will stick to everything, at least it has for me. Wear gloves! let it dry

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Laughing, all ponders try things, some work some don't. We have our favorites in fix it stuff.

Reaction score
Yes! Arkansas is very rocky, and when we built this pond we had to get a jack hammer! ... but I never thought I'd be holding fire to it.... but I will try it! Thanks again for the help! Glad I found this forum...oh, and love your yorkie! nita

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
She is my 12 year old baby, loves to hunt the yard for all sorts of critters.

Ask a Question