leak

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'm hoping the answer is OF COURSE! But from looking at the way it's constructed I can't imagine how they got liner in that set up. It appears to be just stacked rocks from the photos.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I watched them put the top part together and they put it together like a puzzle and cemented it all together.It looks better in person

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
wHAT I FIND INTERESTING IS THERE IS SOMETHING BELOW THE FALLS THAT IS ALSO AT THE HEIGHT OF THE WATER LEVEL . "sorry for caps" it looks like a bulked is there a pipe going through the liner there ? also i looks like there some splash around the falls . how much water do you loose in 24 hours

Reaction score
Country
United States
no that just has extra liner wrapped around it.The fall is only on a few hours.So far I have had both the fall and filter off for a day and it seams to be at the same level.Im thinking it might be in the fall itself.i will give it one more day and check it again

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'm still of the opinion that your "professional" pond builder built that waterfall with no liner and you're loosing water like crazy right in your waterfall.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So far I have had both the fall and filter off for a day and it seams to be at the same level
I'm anxiously awaiting the results of this one - my money is on that waterfall.
Esp with the statement above, water at the same level with the falls turned off.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
In the last picture there seems to be a liner showing to the left of the falls. I'm not sure. Even if there is one under the falls, it will be useless if it's not properly pitched.
The liner has to be curved in a concave fashion and pitched toward the pond. Then the rocks installed on top. It's all in the shape of the liner underneath that makes the falls not leak.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
update.Its not the fall and its not the liner.The plumbing behind the filter which I could not see is the problem.After fixing the plumbing all good to go.Thanks to everyone for the help
That's great that you found it! Leaks can be very frustrating as we all know.
Now you can top off the water and enjoy your pond.

Ask a Question