Leaking Hoses

Reaction score
I have a problem with hoses leaking where they attach to the UVC Clarifier and pressure filter.
I seem to be loosing gallons and gallons every day and no matter what i do it still leaks.

Does anyone know of anybody who will come and fix this with some sort of guarantee as I dont have the time to spend doing it at the moment so need some kind of maintenance guy in.

Cheers

Rob

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i can only say what i have done...wrap a few layers of electrical around the hose nipple so the hose fits firm and clamp good...the tape also provides a little cushion for the hose on the barbs.

Reaction score
are you using hose clamps? when I bought my UV light I forgot to buy hose clamps and had to run to autozone to pick some up and now is loase maybe a gallon a year with just a drip. I however am losing 100 gallons a day from my second streem and havent had time to figure out where it is going so I havent been able to run that except here and there to keep water from going bad in the pools.
The tabe idea sounds good especially with the cheam tetra hose. I think it is overpirced and us not as good as just using a silicone or pvc like tubing. due to the coil in it it does not seal as welll as regular tubing would and I have developed a leak in the middle of it where it just cracked. For $30 I would have expected it to hold up better.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
AVIATOR...thats weird, i use the tetra hose and have for years- trouble free....just some brands of fittings are slightly size different than others....hoses fit snugger on some than others...and its the most flexible and easy to work with!
and i'm sure he used hose clamps!

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
good hose clamps available at any hardware, but instead of electrical tape, use teflon tape (from the plumbing supply section), it conforms much more readily and seals really well, without getting anything sticky on the fittings (which might slide off when it warms up).

Good luck, let us know how it goes, Rob. Pretty cool tune, too, always liked Disturbed. Does that make me a bad person?

Ask a Question