Leaking Metal Pond

leaking metal pond

• What to coat the metal bottom?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could a liner be applied to old metal pond and stone wall?

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have three metal fish ponds that are 45 years old. After draining and cleaning them, the top above ground pond is leaking. Since it is encased with stone and a stone wall, changing to a plastic liner would be hard. I have drained the 600 gallon pond three times. I have used fluorescent pool dye, and I have not fixed the leak nor found it. Any suggestions?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Metal that is very unusual .What kind of metal .You may be fighting a loosing battle in fixing it and only thing is to replace the whole thing .I know easy for me to say but hard to do .But I have been there with my liner ponds :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Are you sure it is not a hose from your pumps or that the pond is not overflowing some where ,

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Bare Steel/Stainless Steel – It is recommended that steel be abraded with 60-grit sandpaper and be free of rust or other corrosion. Once the surface is cleaned, a self etching primer should be used before the coating is applied.

Aluminum – It is recommended that aluminum be abraded with 60-grit sandpaper and be free of aluminum oxide or other corrosion. Once the surface is cleaned, a self etching primer should be used before the coating is applied.

Galvanized Steel – It is recommended that galvanized steel be abraded with 60-grit sandpaper and be free of rust or other corrosion. Once complete, the surface should be etched with white vinegar at 100% strength. Once the surface is cleaned, a self etching primer should be used before the coating is applied.
Pond Shield.jpg

Ask a Question