Leaking pond lights - any better ones out there?

rrr

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been struggling with Aquascape and Malibu submersible halogen pond lights for 6 years now. They usually leak and blow the bulbs in a year or 2.

Are there better brands of pond lights? Or do they all leak?

thanks!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
frogpondwelcome2.gif
rrr

I just have a cheapo set I got from Lowes or H-Depot and I had to take them out of the water and use them only around the rocks outside the pond so I'm not of much help but others here have some good ones I believe and can give you more info :regular_waving_emot

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
put silicon around the seals let them dry and then put them in the pond .I always do that because the seals are never tight

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
just don't over due the sealer so it is easier to cut it to open them up and I also seal around the cord .I do that also with all my in pond pumps you never know .Better than getting the shock of your life or killing your fish

Reaction score
I put silicon around the lens before putting it on. Put them on and let them dry for about 5 days before putting in the water. Seems to work pretty well. Mine are sunterra led's.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thats what I did with mine ,I have summer lights led and winter lights regular .The winter lights give off heat to help warm the water .But did break down and bought a pond heater on sale this spring for next winter .After this past winter would rather be safe than sorry .They have a nice set like the ones I have on e-bay for 39 dollars for 4 of them led too

Ask a Question