leaking pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
need advice about a irregular shaped plastic tub with chicken wire and rough cement,we have sprayed 150.00 dollars of rubber in a can 'as seen on TV' it did not last, still leaks. we bought a liner we are cutting all the chicken wire that folds over the lip. what should we use for underlayment? we also need to bring dirt up to the lip you can see about 4 inches all around the tub. I guess we need to find alot of flat rocks around the pond and do the same for the small waterfall add the beautiful rocks handpicked from thecalistoga riverits crazy this is our 4th attemp to to try to fix the leak its has been so frustrating Do you think what im doing is going to worl
please help me irene

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the Forum

carpet pad will work under your liner

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group!

Are you putting the liner over the original plastic tub? If so you need to make sure there are holes in the bottom so any water that collects between the old tub and the new liner can drain out.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Irene
Anything soft like quilts, rugs, blankets, etc. can be used to help protect the liner. Make sure no staples or tacks in the carpeting. Do you have a picture you can show us of your setup?

Ask a Question