Leaking pvc liner -alternative treatments

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I installed an awesome 2600 gallon pond with no leaks until a lab visited recently. After several attempts to repair the shredded liner it leaks and I cannot figure out where!
I thought the last attempt would work: pvc, primer, cement, seam tape, some edges covered with silicone & some with flex tape, and all seams painted or sprayed with flex seal.
Could I coat the entire pond liner with 100% silicone (Henry's roof repair) or coat entire liner with Flex Seal? Has anyone tried these or anything else. Pond is 10'x12' and 4' high walls so cost of product is a concern. I don't want to use something that doesn't work though! Help!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 715
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Any ideas what will work? I've capped the entire pond liner with concrete (faux boulders) and cannot easily over lay another liner.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
nothing but a new liner .been there 2014 a dog destroyed my epdm liner and then last year another dog destroyed my epdm liner .So pvc liner is never going to be able to be repaired

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yep the dog shredded 3 sides and the bottom. Used big pieces to patch large areas but it's not working.
I was going to coat the entire thing, up to the concrete edge, with flex seal or a liquid rubber.
Did you ever try the liquid epdm? It's a pricey fix but would be easier than a new line. It's capped with 65 bags of concrete (all mixed by hand). I'm dreading that work again.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Nothing will fix pvc .I was lucky use the pieces of epdm for other projects .liquid epdm will not even stick to epdm because liners are flexable and the repair product is not as flexable .It is only made to patch a solid surface .

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I really do not think there is an easy fix and anything other than replacing the liner is likely going to continue to fail. Rent a concrete saw and partition the cap into manageable pieces which you will reuse. Spend the hard work and money to put in the epdm liner and use the 8 mil underlayment.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
East side seirra's 4500' high desert. Gets to 20's some teens.
Country
United States
Did my first pond PVC. Next time I used the rubber one and still have it today.

Ask a Question