leaking seem

Reaction score
:banghead3:HELP! I have 2 ponds, PVC Liners, that are about 12 feet apart from each other. 2 weeks ago I decided to attempt to connect the ponds to make it one large pond. I tried the seeming tape as directed, filled the pond and lost a large amount of water over night. Once the water level was past the point of the taped seem there was no more leaking. My neighboor, who also has a very impressive pond suggest Quickrete the seem. He said that is what he did it and work well for him. I tried ( and maybe not enough Quickrete was used) that next and I still had the same results. Once the water level drains below the seem no more leaking. This makes me think that seem is still leaking.

I have 2 ideas:
1. poor more concrete over the seem in a thinker and wider patch to see if that solves the problem
2. take out the connceting liner and find a pipe and connceting rings. Insert this so the fish to swim back and forth between the 2 ponds. The problem with this idea is I have no idea of equipment needed for this.

Any suggestions...

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
i would be thinking about a new liner big enough to cover both ponds ..save the concreet to keep the edge level..

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Go to you local Home Depot an buy the Urethane adhesive that come in a tube. That stuff bonds anything to anything. I used it to bond EPDM to bare rock for my waterfall and it works great!

Reaction score
I have thought about just covering the two ponds but that is not in the budget. The size I would need would be special order. I am sure that buying one big liner would save allot of time and headache.

In regards to the Urethane adhesive, is it safe for the fish? Did you just follow the directions on the package or is there some thing special I would need to try.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Make sure the seam area is dry and clean. Then apply the urethane and press the mating surfaces together. Wait about 24 hours and you are good to go.

Ask a Question