Leaking water

Reaction score
I have just bought a second hand filter and the outlet pipe leaks.
I have tightened the clamps as tight as possible but it still drips water,
What sealant can I use to stop this from happening?
It's s pressurised filter
Thanks
Daz

Reaction score
You can try a "pipe dope" from most hardware stores. Check the label, some can't be used on plastic and some aren't potable water safe.

However, that's kind of a hack and so probably won't work long term. 50-50 chance. The real issue is most likely the hose being too large, too stiff, wrong shape, etc.

I hate these types of filters. People post videos on YouTube of these splitting open and draining the pond, but then the videos are taken down I assume after being contacted by a company lawyer.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You could try that sealant that someone posted on the other sight that even works underwater ,but it would seal it permanent or you could try the teflon pipe tape I use it when ever I screw water lines or plumbing lines together and you can wrap it around as many times as you need to make it seal and it is completely removable .It is just white or pink tape .

Ask a Question