Learning about ponds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I'm here to learn all I can before I build a pond next year.

My current plans are to have a bog filter that feeds a stream to the left and a waterfall on the right. I'll have two ponds at different levels - the higher feeding into the lower. I'd like to have the lowest pond feed into a stone pit. My location is on a hill so I won't have to build up the area.

I'm looking forward to learning from your expertise on ponds and bog filters.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome schmuttis! You are in the right place to learn. I built my pond last summer with the help of this forum. What type of stone pit? Is that something that will be lined and have the pump to send the water back to the bog? If you have any drawings or pictures that would help. It sounds like an ambitious project for sure.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and sounds like you are really planning ahead so it will help you a lot when you start the build .Do you have an idea of size and shape and depth and what and how many fish you would like to have

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome. When you start building it you should start a thread on the construction link of this site. This way we can follow along as you build it. The design sounds really nice!

Ask a Question