Leaves v Frogs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Due to horrendous weather in Scotland and the fact I work away during the week, I have not had chance to clear the leaves from my pond.

It's my plan for this weekend.

Could this activity cause a problem for any spawning frogs? I assume I'm better to dive in asap and clear the leaves so they can do their stuff.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I think they will adapt just fine to whatever you throw their way. Nature has built them to survive!

I was shifting around some lily pots the other day and stirred up a couple of nice, big green frogs. They found a new spot to hide!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
I thought it would be ok. Just wanted to check. If I came across frogspawn that was already there, I presume I would still be able to clear leaves without destroying or disturbing that?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Frogs will hide in the leaves. you should be good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I thought it would be ok. Just wanted to check. If I came across frogspawn that was already there, I presume I would still be able to clear leaves without destroying or disturbing that?
James do you have any fish in your pond please ?
If so be careful that the frogs don't try to grasp them around the gills which they can in the throws of passion killing the fish through suffercation.

Dave 54

Ask a Question