LED light question

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I have a string of LED underwater pond lights. One of the LED lights got water in it and is now corroded. The other lights a fine but the other lights no not work. Is it possible to remove the damaged light and splice the wires back together? Thanks

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You may be able to if you use the waterproof heat shrink wire wrap .Not sure how water proof it is but I used it on my driveway LED lights and 3 years later it is still good .But underwater I am not sure if it will really last and then you have the shock hazard to the fish ..They are low voltage so not sure there .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a or 7b
Country
United States
I would try it if its low voltage. If they are 120 volt lights I would say too dangerous.
You would need some good heat shrink tubing with the sealant inside. You should butt splice the conductors in a staggered fashion. The heat shrink the whole thing.

Alternately you could use some sort of mold and encapsulate the whole splice in epoxy.

RYCAignhrns05-1.jpg

Ask a Question