Lemon Bacopa in Waterfall?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I always put impatiens bare root in the waterfall but this year they aren't doing very well. Too hot maybe?

I bought some lemon bacopa and want to try it there. Has anyone tried to grow it bare root with just a small rock holding it down? It would be in very shallow running water at the edges off the waterfall.

Also, should I plant individual stems or in clusters?

Does it have a chance there or is this a foolish idea?

Thanks for your Help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I say try it; you have nothing to lose. I've had bacopa in my bog; did just fine bare root, water at it's crown. Take some and do small clusters on the waterfall and put the rest on the margin or in a bog, if you have one, this way you don't lose the entire plant. I've got creepy jenny growing all over my waterfall now, after planting two small pots tucked into the rocks of the waterfall. I also am getting some forgetmenots growing with the moss covering other rocks bordering my waterfall, so you should be okay, imo.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks for your help. I put them in yesterday and will keep my fingers crossed that they do well. Will update in a few weeks.

Ask a Question