Lemon or canary comet or Shubunkin?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have some lemon yellow and some much darker yellow goldfish that I have had for several years now.

The lemon ones are very pale yellow. The others are called apricot yellow and have a much richer and deeper yellow coloring.

I found the lemon ones locally and ordered the apricot ones from NextDayKoi.

BlueRidgeKoi may have yellow shubunkins, but I think they sell mainly to wholesalers these days.

I have seen yellow goldfish on eBay, but have no experience with those sellers.

Best of luck with your search.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have some lemon yellow and some much darker yellow goldfish that I have had for several years now.

The lemon ones are very pale yellow. The others are called apricot yellow and have a much richer and deeper yellow coloring.

I found the lemon ones locally and ordered the apricot ones from NextDayKoi.

BlueRidgeKoi may have yellow shubunkins, but I think they sell mainly to wholesalers these days.

I have seen yellow goldfish on eBay, but have no experience with those sellers.

Best of luck with your search.
But are they yellow looking in your pond or do they look like a garden variety goldfish? I've heard it's hard to find a yellow goldfish that is as yellow as some koi. I find koi to be too large and too high maintenance to keep but want to eventually amass a collection of pond goldfish with the same exciting variety of pattern and color. A true vivid yellow seems like it be the most challenging to find. If I had the financial means and space I might be inspired to try and breed a lovely yellow goldie.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The apricot yellow fish are definitely a true vivid yellow and they look that way in the pond. They really stand out from the orange and red ones.

Go to Nextdaykoi.com and take a look. The ones on the website are what you will get, richly colored bright yellow fish.

Just looked at their website in my phone and I don't see any now. There are a couple of creamcicle ones that are very yellow.

The search results might be different on a computer, so they may have some that aren't showing up on my phone.

Keep checking with them and on eBay. The yellow goldfish aren't normally hard to find, but who knows these days.

Last edited:

Ask a Question