Less bubbles from Air pump?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
So I checked my new pond and the bubbles from the bottom drain are bigger and far less than a week ago when it was installed. Anyone have any experience with this? so far the pond has no fish in it or plants.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
I have noticed that airstones do this as bacteria grows and one them. Do not know if there is an airstone on your bottom drain but perhaps some growth has had the same effect.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
sounds like an airstone or diffuser membrane thats clogging to me.is it a new pump? hopefully your pump isnt going out.(defective) bad membrane?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
My problem appears to be a lot simpler. The seal has broken around the rubber pipe. Thanks guys.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
That or a jubelee grip if you have problems with the whole fixture raising up get a traffic cone take the middle out of it then paint the base with four coats of pond paint then simply slide down a pole onto the diffuser
The gap in the middle allows the air through and keeps the diffuser tight against the bottom of the pond but with enough space under it to allow for the water to flow freely .
We came up with this idea when mine started to pop out of its fixture as a quick but permanent fix
I agree wiuth koi guy in his findings , if you wish for a better airstone go for the propper japanese airstones that are made from ceramic not sand .
A good way to clear an airstone is to soak it in finegar then boil

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
koiguy1969 said:
sounds like an airstone or diffuser membrane thats clogging to me.is it a new pump? hopefully your pump isnt going out.(defective) bad membrane?
Just how old is your airpump , what type are you using pond or koi however, they shouldnt be clogging with no fish in the pond I'd check on your diffuser membrane.
If however your air pump isnt man enough for the task it will after a short while start to give in hense the koi airpumps we use two airtec 40e's on our own pond one for the diffuser the other for the various filters we have .

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Well I think I found a solution. I added a high output dimmer on the air pump. Seems to be working.

Before:

[video=youtube;nAyEtBaTprs]

After:

[video=youtube;SROxIkoWX0A]

Ask a Question