Lethargic shubunkin

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a, 6b
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I posted in another forum about a sick fish. I did lose that one but now I'd like to post about another one. My 1500 gallon pond has 5 baby koi, comets, two butterfly koi, 3 juvenile shubunkin. Over the last two days, one 'bunkin has been basically standing still in the water, barely swimming, just using fins to stabilize. He didn't participate in feeding this morning, so I took him out, made a quick medic tank out of an 8 gallon tote. Filled it with 50% tap water, the other pond water. He's extremely lethargic, almost as if he can't see. Breathing seems to be irregular. I added some pre-dissolved salt to the the water as well. Nh3 and NH2 are basically at zero, ph is about 8. I wasn't sure how much salt to add, maybe someone can help me out. I'd rather not lose this guy, he's a great fish. There are no visable injuries, scales look normal, eyes look dead to me, no movement. Video too large to post here, so I made a YouTube, here's the link.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
did you test your water and make sure all electric wires are not giving off any shocks .Do you know the temps of the pond water .Did you add water conditioner to tap water .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
He's too thin. Looks like the possible end stage of an infection? It's hard to tell.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a, 6b
Country
United States
After a short time in the medic tank, I lost this beautiful fish. Everyone else in the pond seems healthy, so maybe this guy/gal just was sick from the start. Always thankful for responses and opinions.

Ask a Question