lets lay some wire

Doctor mcboy

hes dead jim
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
i am laying 250 foot of electrical wire and water line to my pond. i am getting some big rocks out .how do i fit these in my landscape around my pond? ? or should i dump em somewhere else? i have tried to set these stones so it would look natural. my wife said it looks fake and like crap.
IMG_20201105_161654.jpg
IMG_20201105_161711.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201105_161620.jpg
    IMG_20201105_161620.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 55

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Nothing like some encouraging words from the spouse...;) I love those flat rocks. You could have some around the edge of the pond to stand on or perhaps build a natural bench to sit on for viewing. I first came to the forum looking for ideas to create the rock border around my in ground pond. I looked at a lot of pictures here and other sites to get an idea of the look I wanted before moving all the rocks.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yup - like @brokensword said... bury them 1/3 or so in the location you want them to be and add a plant or two around them. One of the best ways to naturalize a pond is to have "outcroppings" of rocks away from the edge. People pay big bucks for nice rocks like those!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Don't toss them agree with the above, bury part way, add plants, group them together.

Doctor mcboy

hes dead jim
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Nothing like some encouraging words from the spouse...;) I love those flat rocks. You could have some around the edge of the pond to stand on or perhaps build a natural bench to sit on for viewing. I first came to the forum looking for ideas to create the rock border around my in ground pond. I looked at a lot of pictures here and other sites to get an idea of the look I wanted before moving all the rocks.
she is right some of the time. i can move them with my tractor if it does not fit good. burying them in the ground is a good idea. i will try that and then ask again and see what she says. thanks for all the input!

Ask a Question