Let's see our pets

Ax01

magikarp is da best!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
Wow beautiful snake, what kind is it? Some kind of a python?
Thank you! She's just a Ball Python, a very special one tho. A high paradox Blue Eye Leucistic (Lesser x Mojave). :) I'm Seaside Serpents And Exotics on Instagram and Morph Market. Reptiles is one of my other hobbies. :cool:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Here's my cat this morning under the orange glow of the sun shining through wildfire smoke.

IMG_4936 copy.jpg

IMG_4941 copy.jpg

IMG_4954 copy.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Nice cat! It's very overcast and smoky way up here in Alberta Canada. Can't remember when the sky was blue. It's always grey looking and sun was red last time I saw it yesterday morning for a brief time. Smoke high in atmo's (not in a atmosphere cause earth is flat) and blocking out everything.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
August 25th, we added a new kitten to the family! Our 4 cats are getting old and we felt it was time for some fresh blood in the mix! Our cats are 15, 12, 10, and 8 years old (2 Tonkinese and 2 DSH tabbies — both tabbies were literally roadside rescues).

We adopted from a local shelter. “Cosmo” is our bouncing baby boy, and boy did we luck out! We went to a foster’s home to see the babies they were keeping (something like 11 kittens, all about the same age, from 3 separate litters). Hubby and I sat down on the floor so we’d be at “kitten level” when the foster mom opened the door to let them out — it was kitty chaos! Initially they all came to check us out, but “Cosmo” (Korg, at the time — his litter was named after Guardians of the Galaxy characters), never left our laps, purring, rubbing..... HE chose us! There was no doubt that he was to be our new baby!

His back-story: one of the rescue employees saw a local ad for a litter of kittens and their mom. It was strongly suspected that the kittens (they were still very young, not old enough to wean) were going to end up as snake food, so she grabbed them up! And the rest is history!

With cats, the big worry is that a new addition can totally upset an otherwise peaceful balance. We have a lot of experience introducing kittens, so weren’t too worried. In fact, I predicted how I thought each cat would react to the kitten, and I was spot-on! I knew which ones would be the most accepting, and the order they would come to be relaxed with and play with Cosmo! I also knew which ones would tolerate and accept, but not “fall in love with” a new kitten. They jury is still out on that last one, though, because I predicted that the oldest cat would eventually accept Cosmo as a sleep cuddle buddy. That hasn’t happened yet, but things will change as the weather gets colder.

Meet Cosmo!

01BF2473-2F77-4818-BFC6-F3063CD2D4A5.jpeg

This is Scout (8 y/o), and Cosmo, less than a week after they met!

DB080A47-DB13-4BFE-B425-53483AD96906.jpeg

It’s hard to get shots of all 5 cats together.... This was about a week after he arrived — truce at the dinner table!

9B865532-3DAB-4590-9406-19261A9465DC.jpeg

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Nice that you are able to get them to get along so well! We got our new guy 6 months ago and its taken time but he and our other cat Diego are getting along (tolerating). Now if we can just get the new guy to relax and understand he is safe here. Thing he had limited access to old home and was definitly abused.

Reaction score
Country
United States
While I am having trouble uploading photos, I am just going to be amused by your pictures. I have two cats, one ginger and one white, and one dog. I found all of them on the street, and now we are best friends.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@addy1 Maybe you can help with the photos?
Not much, i just hit attach files, pick the photo off my lappy and upload. Every now and then it is too big and I need to resize it. Or modify, ie crop a bit.

Ask a Question