Let's see you bottoms (of your pond of course)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am trying to get some inspiration about what to put in the pond plants or whatever. Please post pics showing down into your pond, especially if you have underwater plant life. I would love to know more about that.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Careful my good man a lot of aquatic plants can take over your underwater world very quickly and can be a nightmare to reclaim control

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Here is one of ours. I used 2 4 inch Y joint PVC pipes for the fish to hide and put a small thin flat rock over each to hide them and a pot of lilies on top of the stone. Just 2 in the pond but its enough to hide the fish and keep things looking pretty good.

One of the lilies was repotted. Guess which :D

20180622_210757_zpsqdt7yamy.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Can't help you there, I don't have anything at the bottom of my fish pond, all my plants are in a separate section

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
This spot has only been established for 4 months, but here's what I've got:

Nooks and crannies stuffed with native clump mosses and ferns yanked from other areas of our yard, creeping jenny transplanted in February, anacharis that has grown from just two small bunches from pet stores, a couple frogbit, water hyacinth, and a couple lily cups from Lowes (one is a Sioux, and I lost the tag on the other). And fish hiding under it all.

So far just stuff that's easy to control without aggressive root action. I had some sprigs of parrots feather that did great early on, but then it petered out.

bottom.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This spot has only been established for 4 months, but here's what I've got:

Nooks and crannies stuffed with native clump mosses and ferns yanked from other areas of our yard, creeping jenny transplanted in February, anacharis that has grown from just two small bunches from pet stores, a couple frogbit, water hyacinth, and a couple lily cups from Lowes (one is a Sioux, and I lost the tag on the other). And fish hiding under it all.

So far just stuff that's easy to control without aggressive root action. I had some sprigs of parrots feather that did great early on, but then it petered out.

View attachment 112531
Very nice. Sounds like I need some hornwort and ancharis
20180623_093025.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can't wait to see this when you have it going (y)
That makes 2 of us. I am going to have to buy a few each check. Now that I have an idea of everything I want so far. What i really need is a great reputable online aquatic plant provider and for anyone thinking their pond to let me know, I promise to pay it forward.

Ask a Question