lillies are rather small leaved

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
this year i repotted my lillies and the seem to have plenty of leaves growing but even the ones that have hit surface are rather small..last year they were 6 to 9 inches across.. this year they are all under 4"....whats the deal?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
May be they need warmer water,,,mine took off a few weeks ago and started to flower..My lotis has had small leaves for a few weeks , and its starting to put out larger leaves but none up out of the water yet

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i have repotted unbundled the roots and fertilized them... but it is early in the season here.. i dont want to buy more..i have 13 pots now. already bought 2 new pots this year. now for $30 or $40 in hiacynths..michigan declared parrots feather a nuisence plant this year.

Reaction score
Give them time they should grow bigger leaves. Mine started putting out leaves about a month ago right after I bought them. After the first dozen hit the surface I told my wife I messed up and bought the wrong ones. Then 2 weeks ago the watre temp got up there and now all the leaves that are coming up are almost 3 times the size of the others. So I just pinched off the small ones and they have all been replaced with Large ones.

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
All but the five year old lilly that I have all are smaller lilly pads. I was begining to think that it was only because they are young new growth. Having no problem getting them to grow at all since the water temps are up.

Ask a Question