Lilly pads different this year!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking forward to my ponds 2nd season and anticipating the arrival of my next crop of Lillie pads but alas, their a dark shadey brown colour as apposed to the clean green colour of last years.
Will that be from a lack of nutrition or an abundance of?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
The new growth leaves on mine start out kind of bronze colored. They turn to a brighter green as they mature. I wonder if this could be happening with yours?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mine start out dark as well and turn green as the season progresses. Always thought it was normal.
Thanks water gardener, maybe I'm getting senial, twas the 1st year-in last Spring, n as I thought I remembered, they seemed to green up just about straight from the start and as more joined the party they too were green, I did have to snip out the older ones that turned an unsightly dark Yellowish brown when dying off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The new growth leaves on mine start out kind of bronze colored. They turn to a brighter green as they mature. I wonder if this could be happening with yours?
Hopefully Bagsmom, and hope they get as green and as big as their 1st season but I fear not, maybe they have less or more nutrients than last year!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
I was looking forward to my ponds 2nd season and anticipating the arrival of my next crop of Lillie pads but alas, their a dark shadey brown colour as apposed to the clean green colour of last years.
Will that be from a lack of nutrition or an abundance of?
When water still lil colder the pads start full red/brown then after a fews(days or weeks) they turn to the right color, usually after enough sun on them.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When water still lil colder the pads start full red/brown then after a fews(days or weeks) they turn to the right color, usually after enough sun on them.
Do they increase in size too or do you get the pad size that first sits on the surface

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Gazzas pool Post some pictures.
@Gazzas pool Post some pictures.
IMG_20210624_123540.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have all different sizes of pads. Even from the same plant.

Ask a Question