j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Mine have started already but we didn't have much of a winter here this year. Yours may come along any day now,just wait for some warm sunshine to bring them up.

Reaction score
It is still a bit early ... My weather is similar to yours ... We have a total of 16 lily pots with newly divided plants from last year and this year ... Of the 16 plants, we have two, that each have 3 leaves on the surface (each only had one pad on the surface yesterday) ... and maybe 4-5 with new growth at the pot, but the rest, nothing yet ... soon:)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Put your lilies in the shallowest part, full sun. I usually start mine in 8 inch water then start pushing them deeper. We are 32 today, pond dropped to 55 again, my lilies are growing a lot of leaves and even one bloomed. I did see small buds on a bunch of them when I moved them. They were sitting in 2.5 foot deep water. With moving to shallower water it seemed a bunch of leaves popped the surface, quickly.

When they are newly groomed I have noticed they are slower about getting going. I did not groom mine this year.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
My lilies make red leaves first. Then as the water warms they make green ones. Still mostly red. I can get a pic of that if anyone wants to see it.

We built the holding pond with the idea that we could lower the water a few inches in the spring to let the lilies get some some then raise the water back up as they made leaves. But between gunk on the bottom and fallen arches (side walls) it is so shallow that there is not need to lower it. Plan is to make it deep this spring. Work will start on that soon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I'm in South Jersey and was at the Garden Center/Pond Place on Saturday. They had some lilies that they winterized that hadn't started blooming yet. The guy told me that they should be starting to bloom in the next couple weeks, so sounds likes yours are probably right in line with them.

Reaction score
HTH said:
My lilies make red leaves first. Then as the water warms they make green ones. Still mostly red. I can get a pic of that if anyone wants to see it.
The pads we have up so far are red too, but I am seeing greener pads that are still curled under water on some. I dont know much about them (other than to say they are pretty LOL), hubby is obcessed with lilies, so never paid attention to them before. I didnt know if it was because of the water temp, or different plants. We have six different plants (not that they are marked for me to know which is which LOL).

Reaction score
I'm in the Philadelphia area as well, and my lillies are in about 2' of water. They have small, reddish leaves on stems that are currently only about 2" long. They started sprouting about ten days ago and I'm hoping they pick up the pace!

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
Found a picture I took 2 days ago but it is washed out. There are more green pads then I realized.

tn_gallery_3434_126_44683.jpg

Ask a Question