Lily problem

Kaffik

Kathy
Reaction score
My new pond has been running for about a month. I saved lots of lily tubers and replanted in aquatic media with pebbles on top in black aquatic planters. Tubers all have growth- but none have gone past the stage they were when I planted them. I live in pa- water has been below 50- but I was hoping to see them grow, am I expecting too much? I have to tuber ends out of the media as directed so that the new growth gets light, I fertilize with tablets......wondering if something is wrong ? Help! Btw- have high ph- 8.8. Could that be Affecting them? The leaves that are beginning to grow are curled and not looking healthy. I wanna save them- as I was able to spare about 10 of them from the old pond. Any help is appreciated,

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Most likely your water is still too cold, mine have stopped and started growing this year as the water temperature went up and down

Put your lilies in as shallow water as you can, with as much sun hitting them as possible. The new leaves are curled until they hit the surface. Some of mine have hit the surface, the ones that are deeper in the pond, still just have little leaves curled near the tuber.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
true rmember outside temps are never what water temps are .Just get a cheap dollar store one and take the temp of your pond

Reaction score
This crazy weather is probably throwing them off too. I divided mine this year and only one has reached the top. One day it's 80,next 40. I think when it warms up they will take off for sure.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep if you have a chilly lily it's gonna hide down under for awhile till the temps creep up again! Mine are trying in this up/down weather we are having. I did stick some Jobe Tomato Fertilizer spikes in mine the other day.

Ask a Question