Lily propagation

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Today I was re-potting my lilies, and in one container, I found 12 bulbs. I always thought that they propagated from cutting up the rhizone. Is this normal for lilies to propagate this way? And if so, who lives around here that needs lily bulbs? And not sure what type of lily they are.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Good to know. After re potting the rest of my lilies, I had 20+ bulbs and 2 tubers. Just surprised that the topicals survived the winter since most were sending out shoots, and some already sent leaves to the surface. Tomorrow I get to experience my first spring cleaning. Lots of leaves and much to clean up.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think they are ok with your weather, they never survive up here. I have tried bringing them in for the winter, they survived, but never thrived, then we had a cool summer, they never really grew or bloomed so gave up on tropicals. Sticking with hardies.

Ask a Question