liner cleaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a leak on my pond and need to empty it. is it worth cleaning the liner whilst the water is out and if so what is best to clean it with. thanks

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Don't clean the liner. The algae coating on it is good stuff. Try to keep it wet while you are doing repair. Any idea what caused leak?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, thanks for the information. i inherited this pond when i bought the house so not too well up with it. the water keeps dropping over a few days and i have left it as low as possible to see if there is a split in the liner high up , but no success. it does have a bottom drain and i have been informed that the seal could be a problem. i intend to drain it this weekend to try and find out. thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
There are lots of threads on this site with good information on how to identify a leak. I would suggest reading them before you decide to drain your pond. Good Luck!

Ask a Question