liner colours or lack of !

Reaction score
hello all, long time no post on here but thaught i had something to ask. is it posable (to anybody in the uk) to get different coloured pond liners ? i am going to increase the size of my pond at the end of this season and thaught a light grey liner would look nice and brighten the pond up a bit instead of black ? searched online and cannot find anything, just black. also i wonder why such a lack of colour options, why are they always black ? is there some reason for this ? thanks

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
remember mogsie muck will cover the color and sometimes make that color ugly

Reaction score
yeah that is a point sissy, suppose it would be up to me to keep it regularly cleaned, a friend of mine has just built a concrete pond and he has sealed it with a grey resin sealant, and it just looks so bright and clear, i thaught it was much more refreshing to look at than black.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love colors but on fish ponds it never lasts and to keep a healthy pond you need the muck on the liner .Sad to say as colors would be much more appealing

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
if you want color you can buy a vinyl liner they have more colors and patterns then you may want to see but you'll never see the colors if you don't keep chlorine in the POOL ,

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I think you got some good answers here @mogsie - black is best because the necessary biofilm that will eventually cover it will only make your light gray liner look dirty all the time. And cleaning it will be A. a hassle and B. not good for your pond. Wait a few weeks and then go check out your friend's gray pond.

Nice to see you back!

Ask a Question