Liner Leak

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Yep I'm sure I have a leak. Pond is thawed and I currently have just an air stone going. I noticed the water was at least 5 inches lower than normal this week so I finally had a chance yesterday to add some water approx 200 gal. Woke up this morning and It is back down to wear it was. I have not yet started the fall back up so I know it is not there. I did notice there is some critter that has dug under my water fall mound. Maybe a vole. You could see where the dirt was dug out and mounded. My fear is this critter chewed a hole under there and I will have to completely dismantle my waterfall to find it. It is all wet out there today so no chance of finding anything. This could turn out to be a big project I am not looking forward to.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Bummer...been there. Sounds like you at least have clue that it could be one of those little critters. If not... If you're lucky, the water stops leaking at a set level. It sounds that way from what you describe. If so, the leak is obviously somewhere at that level and not on the bottom. It's still not an easy thing to find.
I would wait at refilling and see if it stops at a certain point. Hopefully this is the case. Naturally keep an eye on your water level. You don't want it to drain down too far. Good luck and keep us posted...

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh no. I hope you can get it fixed without a lot of trouble. I had a vole chew a hole in my liner years ago. Thank goodness it was above the water line.

Ask a Question