Liner Material for Indoor Pond Project

Reaction score
I'm planning a project for building an indoor pond. I've always loved goldfish, and have come to become especially fond of koi. I have 2 in my tank right now, but I know they want more room. Because I still live at home, I don't have any better place to put them. So, I am thinking of building a moderate sized indoor pond for when I move out. I don't want it to be "permanent," meaning that I could disassemble it and move it. I am just gathering ideas at this point and am stuck on the liner.

At a fish store I went to, they had a large "pond" display setup inside with koi in it. It was more of just a fancy holding tank for them, but the inside was coated with some sort of material, it wasn't a rubber liner or anything. Sorta like how some swimming pools have tile on top, and then textured sides and bottom, much like that. I'm interested in using this method for my pond, but I don't know anything about it. I asked around and found out that it might be some sort of applicable epoxy? I don't have a picture of the display that I saw, but I can try to get one next time I go if it'll help.

If anyone has any info on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
It's probably the product made by Hecht Rubber, a brush-on rubber sealant. Google it for more info. John

Ask a Question