Liner question

Aaron S

K5ATG
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
I have one of those soft side pools that became popular a while back. We got tired of buying pumps for it and the wife and kids decided that it would be cheaper and less work just to get pool passes. So this thing has been sitting in my shed for the past 6 years just taking up room. The liner is still in pretty good shape and is pretty thick in construction.
So I was wondering if it would be ok to use the pool liner for lining a bog garden and stream. I'm thinking like having it inside out so that the side that had all of the pool chemicals will be on the outside and not touching the pond water. Yeah its blue but once it is covered in rocks and gravel, you would not see it anyway. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Would probably be OK. The question is how durable would it be used under those circumstances. I would be concerned about punctures and rips. Dismantling a 'bog' to correct a leak is not a fun project!

Ask a Question