Zone 6
Country
United States
Good price on

15 x 15 Firestone 45 Mil EPDM Pond Liner
  • $174.00 free shipping

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Are you asking if this is a good price? Where is it coming from? I saw it on Webbs Water Garden store for about $140, but I believe you pay shipping. They do frequently have free shipping offers though. Just one comparison.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Are you asking if this is a good price? Where is it coming from? I saw it on Webbs Water Garden store for about $140, but I believe you pay shipping. They do frequently have free shipping offers though. Just one comparison.
Currently webbs has obnoxious shipping, I was going to buy my liner from there, as they are so cheap but shipping overdid the price of the liner on other places.

I would say that isn't a bad price, although make SURE it is big enough, I got a 15x20 for my pond, and now I have only a 3 inch overlap on one side, showing I should have got a 15X25.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
justliners.com or Webb’s are the cheapest usually depending on what they charge for shipping. My guess is $174 is probably right in there though with Webb’s and just liners after shipping.

Been looking at places for a 50’x50’ liner and those two places are the cheapest, but haven’t gotten serious enough to check shipping yet.

Reaction score
Country
United States
They charged me $75 for S&H when i ordered mine 2 months ago.

justliners.com or Webb’s are the cheapest usually depending on what they charge for shipping. My guess is $174 is probably right in there though with Webb’s and just liners after shipping.

Been looking at places for a 50’x50’ liner and those two places are the cheapest, but haven’t gotten serious enough to check shipping yet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Early this year I bought an HDRPE liner from American Talapia. The shipping was free and the price was very good. I don't recall if they sell EPDM, but check them out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Early this year I bought an HDRPE liner from American Talapia. The shipping was free and the price was very good. I don't recall if they sell EPDM, but check them out.

I don't believe they sell any EPDM, but I found the same: very good pricing on HDRPE liners. I've never worked with the stuff before, though. What size did you get and how tough was it to form around your pond? Appears to be more puncture resistant and so much lighter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I don't believe they sell any EPDM, but I found the same: very good pricing on HDRPE liners. I've never worked with the stuff before, though. What size did you get and how tough was it to form around your pond? Appears to be more puncture resistant and so much lighter.
If my memory serves me correctly, I paid around $140 (U.S.) for a 12 ft. X 20 ft. piece. Shipping was free to Mount Pocono, PA.

I used it to line my bog. My pond is EPDM and I though I'd give HDRPE a try when I added the bog.

They claim HDRPE doesn't need an underlayment for most circumstances. I didn't use one, so that saved some money.

It was indeed a lot stiffer than EPDM and way lighter in weight. I had to tuck and fold the turns and corners. Once you got the hang of it, it wasn't bad.

All in all, I'd definitely use it again.

Just make sure that it has the "R" for reinforced. You want HDRPE, not HDPE.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@poconojoe: Great. Thanks for the info. I will be installing mine in a roughly 20x40 free-form pond, but it will have several shelves and a few intricate details like a staircase into the deep end. Sounds like the staircase might make things complicated.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
when I expanded last year, I paid $1200 including shipping from Washington state to Michigan, for a 40'x30' piece of hdrpe. It can be a real challenge to work the folds but I wasn't too concerned, even if I was putting it in a basic figure 8 shape. What made my job a lot more difficult is I refused to 'move' the herd out before I put in the new liner. That is, I set up the new portion (adjacent to the old), transferred the fish to cycled water, then dug the transition dirt wall out, dropped the new portion water level (new is 18" lower than the old), continued to install the larger liner, and then filled the rest of the way. To do this, I had to leave a 2' wall between old and new, so you can see, I had folds indeed to worry about, especially as I had to curve the new to the old and inside the waist of the figure 8. All made oh so much more fun by the fact my pond is enclosed and there's trees in the way!

And I have shelves, waterfall skirts, and a bog to cover with the liner.

Anyway, I second the use of hdrpe as a viable and much less costly if a bit more laborious, option for a pond.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used a liner like that, back when I bought it call ppl36, that stuff is tough, easy to walk on, not a slippery as epdm, has survived deer hooves walking on the stream, falling in the pond and digging their way out. I did not have a lot of issues installing it.

Bend tarp and liner in oregon is where I got mine.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good price on

15 x 15 Firestone 45 Mil EPDM Pond Liner
  • $174.00 free shipping
Just liners was always the best numbers i found . and they stood by there product

Ask a Question