Lining our 10 yr old pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi!
New to this forum~ we are finally lining our 10 year old pond. We had a very dry summer here in NH and for the first time the pond went completely dry. We've always lost a lot of water in summer but never this bad! We just purchased a 30 mil Polyethelene liner (RPE). We were going with EPDM 45 mil rubber but the weight was more than double what the RPE liner is and cost a bit more. Our pond is about 50' x 30' give or take. We have a very large boulder that sits on the edge of the pond and we're struggling with how to secure the boulder to the liner.

Thanks in advance,
Sue Mills

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Welcome!

seems like a good thickness for such a large pond,

as for the boulder, if it isn't possible to move it, others will answer your questions there!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1602629202119.gif
@Sue Mills
Good idea to line it as now you will not be losing much water. Hope you did not have fish in there. Some pictures of the pond and the boulder would be good.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here is a photo of the boulder. The high water mark is just above my husband's hand - you can see it on the boulder. We've filled in the area beneath it with soil and plan to cover the area with old carpet under the underlayment for added protection. We want to keep the obvious upper part exposed as it has been, but need some guidance on attaching the RPE (polyethylene) liner to it. Would some type of silicone work??

Attachments

• Boulder.jpg
    Boulder.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 67

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow that is a big rock! I'm sure something will work to hold the RPE on it but I've never done anything like that so I'm leaving that question for someone else.

Ask a Question