Linus' Lotus and lilies (water)

Reaction score
The good news is that at the new house, even with less than full sun, the waterlilies still bloom: Helvola, Paul Harriot and Indiana (I think). Apparently not enough light at the pond for the lotus to bloom. Will need to move the lotus to tubs where sunnier. As you can see, the lotus in tubs already bloomed.

Reaction score
Lotus starting to bloom (a different one started a few days ago, but forgot to take a pic).
These, I think, are Golden Autumn and Jade Tower with Drunkard (both from 10 mile creek)
IMG_0847.JPG
IMG_0848.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some more pics. The two pink flowers are a different plant from the one I posted earlier. Now I'm thinking that the pink lotus I posted earlier is not "Jade Tower with Drunkard" but "Chastity." I guess I have two "Chastity" that I divided last year and forgot. I'll try to find the tag.

The old white flower is Tulip Shirokunshi (I keep forgetting to take a "new" flower pic). The double white is again Golden Autumn.

IMG_0856.JPG
IMG_0854.JPG
IMG_0855.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
So, educate me on these beautiful lotus...
They are not planted in the pond...correct?
I see some are in large pots or planters. Are they in dry normal soil or is it a wet marshy type setting? What I'm asking is are they in a pot that has the normal drain holes or one that holds water?
Thanks

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They can be planted in the pond but most grow them in containers. I have mine in a 75 gallon preform pond and a large tub planter. They need to be in water- 4-6" over the root. And a LOT of fertilizer!

Ask a Question