Little Bubbler Bog

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
So Im in the process of throwing together a "Budget" small pond for the backyard with most items found on Craigslist or from what I have laying around. I Found a 40 gallon preformed spillway, 20 gallon Half Barrel Liner with Barrel, 270 gallon preformed pond, 200 bio balls and a 30" Hayward pool sand filter on Ebay for $100 for all.

After thinking about it, Ive decided not to use the sand filter for now but might use it for the Koi pond at a later time. Ive decided to try and fix/reseal my Old Cheap Jebao 13w UV Pressurized filter Ive had for 3 years instead of buying a new filter. After re-greasing the lid Oring and putting in a new 13w Bulb and new inlet/outlet Orings it works very well with a very small leak that drips maybe every 5 seconds ( I can live with that for now) and that is being fed by a 950gph Pond Master Pump.

Ok to the "Bog" or maybe not a bog at all? I had to make something the fish could hide under with stuff I had laying around but that did not take up too much surface area so a scrap piece of granite slab, 4 cinder block's (hollow insides facing out so fish can swim through/hide), left over rock/pea gravel and an 200gph fountain pump I had laying around. I drilled a 1/2" hole all the way through a divoted rock and through the center of the granite slab for the hose. The plants I asked about last week growing in a ditch behind my work place I decided to dig some up and try them out in here as a sort of mini bog or reverse bog lol. Not sure if it would help with filtration at all but just made to dress up a hidden hiding area. Let me know what you think :happy:
Bubble Bog 2.jpg
Bubble Bog.jpg

Ask a Question