Little green mealworm looking things.

Reaction score
Country
United States
20161109_160639.jpg
I was cleaning the plastic cage that goes over the water intake on my pump and found a ton of these little mealworm looking things. I can't find anything on Google search about them. Has anyone seen anything like these?
20161109_160711.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No idea, but probably some sort of insect larval stage..... Where do you live? Maybe your location could give us a clue.

Do they appear to have legs? Is the dark end the "head"?

Reaction score
Country
United States
No idea, but probably some sort of insect larval stage..... Where do you live? Maybe your location could give us a clue.

Do they appear to have legs? Is the dark end the "head"?
I live in Missouri . close to St.Louis
They do have tiny legs and the dark ends are heads. I tried looking up pictures of larvae to help identify. there must have been over 100 of them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I am totally in agreement with Meyer on this point , thing is @Aimee our filters and ponds will always support life , look at it on a plus it means everything is good ith nothing at all to worry about .

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A, we are also very windy
Country
United States
Every year what visitors do well or leave changes in my pond, more likely as not, they found something they like to eat and their eating it means less for your filters to clean out. If your fish are doing well and not sick or injured my guess is it's OKay. If they get too populated away, something that likes to eat them will probably come come along if your fish don't find them.
OBTW welcome.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Every year what visitors do well or leave changes in my pond, more likely as not, they found something they like to eat and their eating it means less for your filters to clean out. If your fish are doing well and not sick or injured my guess is it's OKay. If they get too populated away, something that likes to eat them will probably come come along if your fish don't find them.
OBTW welcome.
Thank you so much ! :) you have put my mind at ease. :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am totally in agreement with Meyer on this point , thing is @Aimee our filters and ponds will always support life , look at it on a plus it means everything is good ith nothing at all to worry about .

Dave
Thand you so much. I feel much better :)

Ask a Question