Little too late for netting, water already tannis

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
So like the title says, little to late for netting. I went and got some some netting and put it on this weekend. I had been keeping up with the leaves but it looks as if I was a week or so too late. My goal was to put the net on to keep out the leaves to keep the water from getting tannis. Should I just take the net off now and scoop the leaves out since the water is already tannis or leave it on? Last year I didn't really care since I was bringing the fish inside for the winter but they are staying out there this year.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
If the weather is right i would scoop out what you can and recover with the net

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
The net is on, just a few leaves in the pond. The water is tannis a bit, but not too bad. I used some PVC poles to hold up the net in a few spots. I guess the brownish water isn't too bad since I'll be doing several large water changes in the spring once the fish are awake from winter sleep and they aren't weak.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Agree on scooping out what you can and recovering. A few left in the water won't hurt. Tannin's lower the pH if you get too much in it.

Craig

Ask a Question