Live and let live, But.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
I had been allowing this little snake hang around to keep the frogs in check. But today he tried to have at one of my goldfish. I was just chillin', and I heard a splashing. Snake had a pectoral fin, and was trying to drag the fish on shore.
Fish is way too big for him, but he tried anyway. Time for the snake to go away.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Opportunistic eaters, I have seen them with fish in their lil mouths, no frogs yet. But I am sure they are getting them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yeah.... We let little Nessie (northern water snake) hang around our pond for a couple of years, but last year we decided if she returned this year, she had to 'go'. Frog population was way down, smaller fish were disappearing, etc... So, earlier this Spring we caught & relocated little Ms. Nessie to a much larger, natural pond in the area. I'm a bit sad not to see her hanging around & basking on the rocks every day, but... it is what it is. My first responsibility is to my pet fish.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I wish I had only one lil Nessie............... 4 removed, two still there and who knows how many more. I have not spotted them recently.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I wish I had only one lil Nessie............... 4 removed, two still there and who knows how many more. I have not spotted them recently.
We had two at the beginning of last year, but one disappeared. The remaining one hung around all year & showed up again this Spring (when we decided to do the formal relocate). So far, we haven't had another one show up. Frog population is **booming** this year, as a result! lol

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Maybe mine became someones snack..............hope so Or they moved on to better hunting grounds.

Ask a Question