Live in the south.....Automatic water changes

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
After my first winter as a ponder..... I used to do periodic water changes during the winter..... Not that it really needed it, just thought the Koi would enjoy some fresh water....... Well here in West Tennessee we don't have to worry about water changes Mother Nature is taking care of it for me...... 17" of rain since January 1st, and it has rained heavily all day, so I figure about 18" now....... Keeps me busy pumping the excess water off...... But the Koi are happy and healthy so it's OK

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We have that all year long in the PNW.............rain never quits...............well it does for a day or too,lol!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
After my first winter as a ponder..... I used to do periodic water changes during the winter..... Not that it really needed it, just thought the Koi would enjoy some fresh water....... Well here in West Tennessee we don't have to worry about water changes Mother Nature is taking care of it for me...... 17" of rain since January 1st, and it has rained heavily all day, so I figure about 18" now....... Keeps me busy pumping the excess water off...... But the Koi are happy and healthy so it's OK
Can you redesign your pond so there is an overflow which puts excess water where you want it?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
One way to do this is to take one boulder /edging and knocking down the outside so from looking at the inside of the pond you would never know .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat I love rain water changes. I do have a low area where any excess flows right out. Saves firing up a pump

Ask a Question