local water garden clubs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
i have been looking around and have not found a local water garden club in my (rhode island) area. this seems unfortunate as i gain much from my local reef club for my other aquatic hobby. so i got curious. who are members to a local water garden club that holds monthly meetings? what happens at the meets? i would guess sharing info, maybe trade things like water lilies that need to be divided, and tours of members ponds ect....
seems like this would be another great resource

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Start one in your area, visit local nurseries, find a few local pond keepers and start with a simple meeting or tour the gardens, Great way to meet friends, get more educated and see others ponds. Good idea to start with general water gardening, once it grows then you can separate and be more specific as you get more and more people interested.

Koilady

Water Garden Consultant
Reaction score
I'm from Canada and we have a great Pond Club in London Ontario called the Forest City Pond Club. We have Bus Trips, Speakers, Pond Tours, Barbeques, Auctions etc. Hubby and I started it 15 years again and we can't believe that it's still around. :)

Your's Koily, Lorraine

Reaction score
Our club here has tours, plant swaps, a small yearly flyer, meetings and even sets up displays at garden and pond shows. They also have displays at the zoo and art museum.

It's nice being in one and can be extremely helpful to newcomers. I'm sure it's going to be some work but we always welcome more clubs!

Koilady

Water Garden Consultant
Reaction score
Kenneth, your so right about clubs. I've met some wonderful people and made so many friends not to mention the information about how people keep their ponds going and what they do to keep their water clear and free of hair algae and their fish healthy and happy.

Your's Koily, Lorraine

Ask a Question