LOCTITE PLS30 question

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
I started playing with the stuff. It is on the stiff side. I am thinking of rolling the patch on over the PLS30 with a small flooring roller. How do you use it ?

Polyurethane products stiffen with age. Maybe mine is old.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Nothing special. It should come out like the consistency of liquid rubber. It is not stiff when it comes out, very smooth and easy to spread around. I wear plastic gloves then use a stiff blade type tool to spread it. Then, let it stand for a few hours or a day to let it cure.

It is more to seal leaks or prevent a connection between materials from leaking rather than to glue to strongly adhere two pieces of material together. Depending on your weather, it might take longer to cure. It gets stiff once air gets to it. When done with the tube, you can put a nail or screw, with a big head, into the tube's outlet.

Reaction score
I sit it out on concrete or asphalt in full sun and let it get hot and plyable. I also store my open tubes in the freezer. And, I roll the seams. And tape them with plain duct tape for extra security while it is curing. I just leave the duct tape on afterwards, I make sure it is to the outside of the water.

Reaction score
We added the corrugated roof between the house and the garage than when we added the pergola later, we used those metal brackets to put the 2x6's in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laticiagibson

Latest Threads