Long Distance Moving/Storage for Spider Lily

Reaction score
Hello all,

My folks own a couple of large spider lilies (5-ish feet in diameter.) They are moving cross country soon, and are using a POD, in which the lilies will be shipped. The plants will be in the pod for about two weeks. How should we go about preparing the plants? Potted/unpotted? Watered/dry? Trimmed/untrimmed? Full plant/trimming down to the pods?

I've been googling for a couple hours now and have only found info about moving/shipping plants over the course of a couple days or storing lily bulbs for the whole winter. But what would be the best way to ship them over two weeks?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm hardly an expert in spider plants but I can say this. i have seen and used hay and or news paper to help insulate in cold weather. now are you moving from Miami too la or are you doing New York to Seattle Big differance though your pod could make it's way to Canada for a pickup you just never know. every time ii fly from west virginia to connecticut I fly all the way down to Seattle to turn around and fly north. Anyways if you stuff hay well but loosely as you just want to create air pockets more than to pack tightly. but if these are 5 feet wide they are probably pretty impressive and costly. any plant in the dark for two weeks will suffer. I'd look at shipping them seperatly. Have a friend at your now home hold onto them and ship them to you when your in your new home

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1579369882795.gif
@SpiderLilyMan
Are these water type lilies or land, soil indoor plants?

Ask a Question