Long shot!!!! Any rockery boulders going cheap in the UK

Reaction score
As the title. I require approximately 50 x 12"x6" rockery style boulders (rounded edge) to go around the inside of the pond to hide the liner below the capping stones. I have been to several places that sell them and to buy what I need is close on a months income!!!!!

Can collect from most places within 60 miles of Leicester and maybe further depending on cost or amount.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
If you go to the library, ask for the local ordnance survey maps, compare those maps to geological survey maps. With a 60 mile radius would have thought you could spot an abandoned quarry with some wonderful stuff good to go

The Cotswolds is for sure going to be the perfect hunting ground with some perty nice places for a picnic

Betcha can find a super place in about 10 mins along the North South line of the Wolds, wonderful confections of weathered layered mellow sandstone rocks...

If anyone shouts and waves a stick looking peeved, a five pound note will fix it

Regards, andy
http://swglist.wordpress.com/
http://www.pinterest.com/adavisus/pondering/

Reaction score
Anything natural that is decorative costs a fortune in the UK!!!! I have been told a few places where I could potentially pick up some "free" from public land, so fingers crossed. I am also keeping my eyes peeled on several lakes and rivers I frequent and going to have a look there. I didn't even think to look at the stream that runs 50 metres from my front door, so going to do that when the neighbours go to bed (they are extremely nosey & like to gossip about everything so can imagine what they would say if they saw me going back and forth carrying rocks!!!!).

I doubt a £5 note would do much nowadays, £20 seems to be minimum in this economic climate!!

Ask a Question